We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time by posting a revised statement of this Policy on the Sibme Site. Because your use of the Sibme Site after changes have been posted indicates your agreement with those changes, we encourage you to visit this Policy on a regular basis. Sibme will not make any material changes to this Policy without providing you a prominent notice and allowing you choice before data is used in any manner inconsistent with this Policy that you agreed on. If you are not comfortable with using this web site in accordance with this Policy, please exit immediately.
Information we collect.
- Sibme does not require the disclosure of personal information to create an account with us. The only information required to create an account are your email address, user ID and password. Sibme may collect personal information such as your phone number and mailing address for certain optional functionalityabout you when you use certain pages of the Sibme Site; request information regarding our Services, access promotional materials published by Sibme; or participate in other activities on the Sibme Site. Personal Information means any information that may be used to identify you, such as, your name, title, phone number, email address, or mailing address. The personal information we collect may include name, physical address, telephone number, email address and other personal information that you choose to provide to us in exchange for certain optional functionalityServices.
- Sibme collects your personal information to provide certainits Services to you, for authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student, the teacher or the educational institution/agency.
- The Sibme Site also provides functionality that permits you to enter information relating to third parties (“Third Party Information”). Third Party Information is treated the same way that we treat your personal information unless such Third Party Information relates to children under the age of 13 years old. Please see section 5 below to understand which information we collect in such circumstances.
How we use your information.
The information we collect may be used to facilitate your use of the Sibme Site; provide, improve and test the effectiveness of our Service; respond to and fulfill any requests you make for our Services or as authorized by the parent/student; communicate with you about Services and promotional offers available from Sibme or our business partners; contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; verify the accuracy of our records; develop and test new products and features; help you efficiently access your information after you sign in; and remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
With whom we share your information.
- Sibme may share personal information about you with our affiliated companies, suppliers, contractors, third party business partners and agents (“Service Providers”) who perform functions on our behalf or in connection with Services offered by Sibme. These data may be used to improve and facilitate your access to the Sibme Site. If you decide to subscribe to certain Sibme Services through the Sibme Site, you will be required to provide more information, such as your credit card information, to complete the transaction. The information you provide us may be used to screen for fraud. Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms and are obligated to implement these same commitments for the students personal information.
- We may share certain information pursuant to a request made by you. On occasion when Sibme transfers personal information to one of those third parties for purposes of responding to a request from you, that third party may need to furnish the information to an unaffiliated party for further assistance. BY USING THE SIBME SITE AND PROVIDING US WITH YOUR PERSONAL DATA, YOU CONSENT TO THIS TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO SUCH THIRD PARTY TO SUPPORT THE AUTHORIZED EDUCATIONAL/SCHOOL PURPOSES OR AS AUTHORIZED BY THE PARENT/STUDENT.
- Sibme may access, preserve and share your personal information in response to a legal request such as a search warrant, court order or subpoena if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- We may also share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers with Service Providers that help us provide the Service to you. Note that Sibme will not use or disclose the information collected for behavioral targeting of advertisements to students.
How long we keep your information.
Sibme, its affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) collected for the time period required to support the authorized educational/school purposes, or as authorized by the parent/student. After the termination or deactivation of your account, Sibme may retain your information for a commercially reasonable time for audit purposes or as required by applicable law.
Protecting Children’s Privacy.
On web pages that are directed toward children under the age of 13, Sibme limits its collection of information to non-personal identifying information, such as first name, grade, hometown and state, in an effort to comply voluntarily with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Sibme does not knowingly collect and retain personal identifying information from persons under the age of 13 and has safeguards in place to attempt to ensure it does not inadvertently collect and retain such information. SIBME STRONGLY URGES CHILDREN TO CHECK WITH THEIR PARENTS BEFORE ENTERING INFORMATION ON THE SIBME SITE, AND IT URGES PARENTS TO DISCUSS WITH THEIR CHILDREN RESTRICTIONS CONCERNING THE ONLINE RELEASE OF PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION TO ANYONE THEY DO NOT KNOW.
We are open to suggestions and feedback, but we are not under any obligation to compensate you for doing so, or acknowledge to the public in any way that a suggestion or idea came from you.
We do not guarantee the absolute security of data transmitted to us electronically. Thus, when you provide us your information over the internet, you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable precautions to ensure the security, privacy, confidentiality, and integrity of your data on our systems, and prevent unauthorized access or use, or unintended and inappropriate disclosure through the use of administrative, technological, and physical safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Please be aware that the efforts we exert to secure your data do not constitute a warranty that they are absolutely protected from unauthorized access. We are not responsible for the breach by third parties of the safeguards we put in place to protect the privacy of your data.
By providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding any and all issues concerning your use of Sibme Site.
Links to other websites.
You acknowledge that local policies or regulations promulgated by your school district or employer may be applicable to you and you are responsible for complying with all such policies and regulations. You shall use Sibme Services and the Sibme Site only in strict compliance with these policies and regulations. You shall use Sibme Services and the Sibme Site only in strict compliance with the Terms of Service, all United States federal, state and local laws and all other laws, regulations and governmental authority (including, but not limited to, policies and laws related to privacy, defamation, copyright and trademark infringement) applicable to you.
How to contact us.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information or would like to delete or make a correction of personal information you have provided to us, please email us at email@example.com.